Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Tue May 28, 2013
Beshear's Income Tax Returns Show Earnings of $252K
Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear and his wife have released their 2012 state and federal income tax returns showing their total income was just more than $252,000.
That includes the governor's nearly $133,000 salary from the state, plus nearly $56,000 in dividends, more than $37,000 in capital gains and more than $25,000 in Social Security benefits.
Beshear released his income tax returns on Tuesday, as he has done each year since becoming governor in 2007. The Beshears' total income grew by more than $50,000 over 2011.