Most Active Stories
- While Dangerous Predicted Winter Weather Won't Contend With '09 Ice Storm
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Mon July 27, 2009
Beshears Host 'Kentucky Proud' Dinner
Frankfort, KY – Governor Steve Beshear is encouraging Kentuckians to use local food products in their daily lives for 30 days.
Beshear and First Lady Jane Beshear hosted a Kentucky Proud dinner at the Governor's Mansion last week in Frankfort for more than 70 health care, local and state officials. Kentucky Proud is a marketing program aimed at promoting local products. Mrs. Beshear says buying local foods helps promote health living.
According to the Kentucky Department of Agriculture, Kentucky Proud participating retailers sold more than $100 million in food and agricultural products last year.