Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon July 27, 2009
Beshears Host 'Kentucky Proud' Dinner
Frankfort, KY – Governor Steve Beshear is encouraging Kentuckians to use local food products in their daily lives for 30 days.
Beshear and First Lady Jane Beshear hosted a Kentucky Proud dinner at the Governor's Mansion last week in Frankfort for more than 70 health care, local and state officials. Kentucky Proud is a marketing program aimed at promoting local products. Mrs. Beshear says buying local foods helps promote health living.
According to the Kentucky Department of Agriculture, Kentucky Proud participating retailers sold more than $100 million in food and agricultural products last year.