Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu August 23, 2012
Beshear Will Name New Chief of Staff Soon
Governor Steve Beshear says he will appoint a new chief of staff soon, despite still being saddened by the sudden loss of his former chief of staff, Mike Haydon.
Haydon died suddenly of a heart attack earlier this month. Haydon worked in government for more than three decades, and had been Beshear's chief of staff since 2010.
Beshear called Haydon his right arm, but says the position needs to be filled.
Obviously we've got to move on, and we're got to have a chief of staff, and we're working on that right now. I would say in the next 10 days or so we'll make a decision and appoint a new chief of staff and move on with it, he says.
Beshear did not say who is under consideration for the job. But he did say the job will be filled and not split among current staffers.