Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon April 23, 2012
Beshear to Visit West KY For Update on Eggners Ferry
Governor Steve Beshear will be in Eddyville Tuesday with an update on repair work to the Eggners Ferry Bridge. Beshear along with Chief District Engineer Jim Lefevre and Tom Roberts of Hall Contracting will be at the Lyon County Riverport Authority at 1:30.
It’s likely they’ll discuss staging for repair work on the bridge that lost a 300 foot span after a cargo ship crashed into the road deck in January.
Hall Contracting is under contract to complete repairs to the bridge by Memorial Day or face stiff financial penalties. Beshear will make additional stops in Cadiz and Murray.