Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon April 23, 2012
Beshear to Visit West KY For Update on Eggners Ferry
Governor Steve Beshear will be in Eddyville Tuesday with an update on repair work to the Eggners Ferry Bridge. Beshear along with Chief District Engineer Jim Lefevre and Tom Roberts of Hall Contracting will be at the Lyon County Riverport Authority at 1:30.
It’s likely they’ll discuss staging for repair work on the bridge that lost a 300 foot span after a cargo ship crashed into the road deck in January.
Hall Contracting is under contract to complete repairs to the bridge by Memorial Day or face stiff financial penalties. Beshear will make additional stops in Cadiz and Murray.