Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Mon April 23, 2012
Beshear to Visit West KY For Update on Eggners Ferry
Governor Steve Beshear will be in Eddyville Tuesday with an update on repair work to the Eggners Ferry Bridge. Beshear along with Chief District Engineer Jim Lefevre and Tom Roberts of Hall Contracting will be at the Lyon County Riverport Authority at 1:30.
It’s likely they’ll discuss staging for repair work on the bridge that lost a 300 foot span after a cargo ship crashed into the road deck in January.
Hall Contracting is under contract to complete repairs to the bridge by Memorial Day or face stiff financial penalties. Beshear will make additional stops in Cadiz and Murray.