Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri August 23, 2013
Beshear Stands Ready To Sign Redistricting Bill
Kentucky’s redistricting bill that steamrolled through the House is scheduled for a Senate vote this morning.
Governor Steve Beshear says he stands ready to sign the measure into law today, after lawmakers finish redrawing boundary lines around House and Senate districts. The Senate State and Local Government Committee unanimously approved the proposal yesterday.
Redistricting is undertaken every 10 years to account for population changes recorded by the Census Bureau. The state's overall population rose from 4 million to 4.3 million while shifting largely from rural communities to urban areas.