Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri April 27, 2012
Beshear Speaks out on Student Loans Hike
Governor Steve Beshear is adding his voice to one of President Barack Obama's top campaign issues. The president spoke at two college campuses this week urging Congress to prevent an automatic rate hike in interest on student loans from taking effect. Now, Beshear has penned a letter to all six members of Kentucky's Congressional delegation asking for them to block the increase. Beshear says if the rate hike goes into effect it will add an average of $940 to each student loan every year. The rate hike will affect more than 100,000 Kentucky students.