Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri October 10, 2008
Beshear to Speak with Legislators
By Carrie Pond
Louisville, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear says he plans to meet with legislative leaders prior to January's General Assembly to discuss how to generate new revenue for the state. The governor says those discussions will include expanded gaming and a possible cigarette tax increase, two initiatives that failed to win approval in this year's regular legislative session. While in Louisville tdoay, Beshear said he's hopeful lawmakers will be able to get more accomplished early in their regular sessions- something that didn't happen in the 2008 General Assembly.
We should use the days that are allowed us and the days that the taxpayers are paying for, to actually get something done. And I think you'll see a progression here, it won't happen overnight, but I think you're going to see some improvement.
The 2009 legislative session begins in January.