Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri October 10, 2008
Beshear to Speak with Legislators
By Carrie Pond
Louisville, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear says he plans to meet with legislative leaders prior to January's General Assembly to discuss how to generate new revenue for the state. The governor says those discussions will include expanded gaming and a possible cigarette tax increase, two initiatives that failed to win approval in this year's regular legislative session. While in Louisville tdoay, Beshear said he's hopeful lawmakers will be able to get more accomplished early in their regular sessions- something that didn't happen in the 2008 General Assembly.
We should use the days that are allowed us and the days that the taxpayers are paying for, to actually get something done. And I think you'll see a progression here, it won't happen overnight, but I think you're going to see some improvement.
The 2009 legislative session begins in January.