Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Wed October 22, 2008
Beshear Sets Up Panel to Study College Costs
By Todd Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear says he's setting up a panel to study how Kentucky can make college more affordable and more accessible to its residents.
Beshear says he's creating a 25-member panel to study the issue. It's made up of business, education and government leaders from across the state.
The governor says he wants proposals aimed at limiting tuition increases and stabilizing college funding from the state. Beshear says he wants to "re-energize" Kentucky's efforts to improve its higher education programs.
Kentucky is currently facing a $900 million drop in revenues over the next two years.