Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Wed October 22, 2008
Beshear Sets Up Panel to Study College Costs
By Todd Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear says he's setting up a panel to study how Kentucky can make college more affordable and more accessible to its residents.
Beshear says he's creating a 25-member panel to study the issue. It's made up of business, education and government leaders from across the state.
The governor says he wants proposals aimed at limiting tuition increases and stabilizing college funding from the state. Beshear says he wants to "re-energize" Kentucky's efforts to improve its higher education programs.
Kentucky is currently facing a $900 million drop in revenues over the next two years.