Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Wed October 22, 2008
Beshear Sets Up Panel to Study College Costs
By Todd Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear says he's setting up a panel to study how Kentucky can make college more affordable and more accessible to its residents.
Beshear says he's creating a 25-member panel to study the issue. It's made up of business, education and government leaders from across the state.
The governor says he wants proposals aimed at limiting tuition increases and stabilizing college funding from the state. Beshear says he wants to "re-energize" Kentucky's efforts to improve its higher education programs.
Kentucky is currently facing a $900 million drop in revenues over the next two years.