Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed October 22, 2008
Beshear Sets Up Panel to Study College Costs
By Todd Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear says he's setting up a panel to study how Kentucky can make college more affordable and more accessible to its residents.
Beshear says he's creating a 25-member panel to study the issue. It's made up of business, education and government leaders from across the state.
The governor says he wants proposals aimed at limiting tuition increases and stabilizing college funding from the state. Beshear says he wants to "re-energize" Kentucky's efforts to improve its higher education programs.
Kentucky is currently facing a $900 million drop in revenues over the next two years.