Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed January 8, 2014
Beshear Promotes Public Safety Initiatives
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear is floating the idea of "no-phone zones" where motorists wouldn't be allowed to talk on phones while driving.
The Kentucky governor told state lawmakers last night that the idea deserves consideration, given the vulnerability of schoolchildren and construction workers.
The idea was among several public safety ideas promoted during his annual State of the Commonwealth address.
Beshear says it's time Kentucky aligns its booster seat regulations with more stringent federal recommendations.
He also says the state needs to extend domestic violence protections to unmarried couples.