Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Wed January 8, 2014
Beshear Promotes Public Safety Initiatives
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear is floating the idea of "no-phone zones" where motorists wouldn't be allowed to talk on phones while driving.
The Kentucky governor told state lawmakers last night that the idea deserves consideration, given the vulnerability of schoolchildren and construction workers.
The idea was among several public safety ideas promoted during his annual State of the Commonwealth address.
Beshear says it's time Kentucky aligns its booster seat regulations with more stringent federal recommendations.
He also says the state needs to extend domestic violence protections to unmarried couples.