Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Wed January 8, 2014
Beshear Promotes Public Safety Initiatives
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear is floating the idea of "no-phone zones" where motorists wouldn't be allowed to talk on phones while driving.
The Kentucky governor told state lawmakers last night that the idea deserves consideration, given the vulnerability of schoolchildren and construction workers.
The idea was among several public safety ideas promoted during his annual State of the Commonwealth address.
Beshear says it's time Kentucky aligns its booster seat regulations with more stringent federal recommendations.
He also says the state needs to extend domestic violence protections to unmarried couples.