Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Tue August 11, 2009
Beshear to Present Checks to Western Kentucky
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear will visit western Kentucky Wednesday to present funds to Fulton and Hickman counties for improvement projects. The City of Fulton will receive $1 million for housing revitalization geared toward low-income residents. The Fulton County Sheriff's department gets nearly $5,000 for new firearms. The City of Clinton will receive $730,000 for sewer rehabilitation. $65,000 will go to the Hickman County fiscal court and $105,000 to the City of Columbus, both for water system improvements.