Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Press Releases & Events
Mon October 17, 2011
Beshear Outpacing Williams in State Employee Contributions
By Drew Adams
Murray, KY – Kentucky state employees have given nearly $850,000 to the re-election campaign of incumbent Governor Steve Beshear. His Republican opponent, Senate President David Williams, has received no more than $35,000 from state workers. Campaign reports, however, omit listing the employer of many contributors. The Kentucky Republican Party has claimed the administration illegally targets state workers for contributions. Beshear campaign spokesman Matt Erwin has says the complaints are a political stunt based on gossip. The administration acknowledges Finance Secretary Lori Flanery used her state email account send invitations to a Beshear fundraiser. Beshear's camp says it was an honest mistake, but Williams claims the incident is part of a pattern of questionable solicitations. The fundraiser in question was later canceled.