Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed April 11, 2012
Beshear Offers Staff to Help Draft Kentucky Road Plan
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear is urging lawmakers to finish their work on a transportation budget and six-year road plan on the final day of this year's legislative session. Beshear says the Kentucky's roads and bridges are the state's economic lifeblood, and not passing legislation to ensure their continued maintenance would do more than threaten public safety. With time running out, lawmakers haven't yet reached agreement on what road construction projects to fund in the next two-year budget cycle or in an overall six-year plan. Beshear says he will make State Budget Director Mary Lassiter, Transportation Secretary Mike Hancock and their staffs available to lawmakers to help finalize a deal before adjourning the legislative session.