Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri June 14, 2013
Beshear names education and workforce secretary
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has tapped longtime auto executive Thomas Zawacki to serve as the new secretary of the Education and Workforce Development Cabinet. He will succeed the retiring Joseph Meyer July 1st.
Zawacki spent more than 33 years in the auto industry and had been chairman of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System Foundation. Since 2009, he has served as commissioner of the Department of Vehicle Regulation. Beshear says Zawacki understands the skills employers need to build successful businesses and brings public- and private-sector experience to help meet those needs.