Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri June 14, 2013
Beshear names education and workforce secretary
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has tapped longtime auto executive Thomas Zawacki to serve as the new secretary of the Education and Workforce Development Cabinet. He will succeed the retiring Joseph Meyer July 1st.
Zawacki spent more than 33 years in the auto industry and had been chairman of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System Foundation. Since 2009, he has served as commissioner of the Department of Vehicle Regulation. Beshear says Zawacki understands the skills employers need to build successful businesses and brings public- and private-sector experience to help meet those needs.