Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri September 20, 2013
Beshear to Leave for European Economic Development Trip
Gov. Steve Beshear leaves for Europe tomorrow to meet with overseas businesses interested in starting operations in Kentucky.
Beshear will showcase the commonwealth’s advantages in Germany, Spain and Austria and meet with European companies already established in Kentucky. European businesses employ nearly 26,000 Kentuckians. Twenty percent of new jobs announced last year in the commonwealth were from foreign-owned companies, including those coming to Fulton with Kayser Automotive Systems.
Beshear returns from the trip Oct. 1.