Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Woman's Body Found Near Abandoned Vehicle in Calloway County
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Fri September 20, 2013
Beshear to Leave for European Economic Development Trip
Gov. Steve Beshear leaves for Europe tomorrow to meet with overseas businesses interested in starting operations in Kentucky.
Beshear will showcase the commonwealth’s advantages in Germany, Spain and Austria and meet with European companies already established in Kentucky. European businesses employ nearly 26,000 Kentuckians. Twenty percent of new jobs announced last year in the commonwealth were from foreign-owned companies, including those coming to Fulton with Kayser Automotive Systems.
Beshear returns from the trip Oct. 1.