Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
Wed October 28, 2009
By Paco L:ong-Mendez
Calloway Co. KY – Kentucky Governor Beshear held a ribbon cutting ceremony for the stretch of KY 80 Highway between Murray and Mayfield yesterday afternoon. Though the dedication is over, the highway isn't open to traffic yet.
"There's a few little things like seeding and everything that the weather has held up but basically all the paving is done and it's ready to go, so in about two weeks folks will be driving on this and they will be a lot safer than they been before."
Governor Beshear says he expects the entire Highway to be completed by the end of his term in 2010.