Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed March 20, 2013
Beshear Gives Extended Power to Child Welfare Panel
Governor Steve Beshear signed a bill giving broader investigative powers to a state panel that reviews serious cases of child abuse and neglect in the Commonwealth.
The governor created the panel last year by executive order, however the law he signed today (Wednesday) gives panel members deeper access to case files involving children who have suffered serious injuries or died. Additionally the law allows panel members to discuss certain cases in private to protect victims' identities. The 20 member panel began reviewing cases earlier this year.