Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed March 20, 2013
Beshear Gives Extended Power to Child Welfare Panel
Governor Steve Beshear signed a bill giving broader investigative powers to a state panel that reviews serious cases of child abuse and neglect in the Commonwealth.
The governor created the panel last year by executive order, however the law he signed today (Wednesday) gives panel members deeper access to case files involving children who have suffered serious injuries or died. Additionally the law allows panel members to discuss certain cases in private to protect victims' identities. The 20 member panel began reviewing cases earlier this year.