Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed March 20, 2013
Beshear Gives Extended Power to Child Welfare Panel
Governor Steve Beshear signed a bill giving broader investigative powers to a state panel that reviews serious cases of child abuse and neglect in the Commonwealth.
The governor created the panel last year by executive order, however the law he signed today (Wednesday) gives panel members deeper access to case files involving children who have suffered serious injuries or died. Additionally the law allows panel members to discuss certain cases in private to protect victims' identities. The 20 member panel began reviewing cases earlier this year.