Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Press Releases & Events
Tue December 13, 2011
Beshear on Expanded Gambling
By Phillip Bailey
Louisville, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear will introduce a constitutional amendment on expanded gaming during the 2012 General Assembly. In his inauguration speech today, Beshear addressed the issue of expanding gambling opportunities. He says an amendment is a better option than changing state law through the legislature, and he wants voters to decide whether to allow more kinds of gambling. Beshear made the issue a centerpiece of his 2007 gubernatorial campaign and his administration has lobbied for it as a means to help the horse industry and fill shortfalls in the state budget. But, the measure has continually failed to pass the Republican-controlled state Senate.