Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed October 6, 2010
Beshear Exceeds $3 million in Campaign Donations
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky's Democratic Governor Steve Beshear has accumulated more than $3 million in contributions for his re-election campaign, even though his name won't be on the ballot until next year. Beshear's campaign says the governor and running mate Jerry Abramson raised more than $505,000 in the most recent quarter. The campaign says that brings the total amount raised to $3.1 million with more than 2.3 million on hand.
Beshear's campaign finance report was filed Monday with the Kentucky Registry of Election Finance. The campaign says it has had more than 5,100 donors from 119 Kentucky counties.