Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed October 6, 2010
Beshear Exceeds $3 million in Campaign Donations
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky's Democratic Governor Steve Beshear has accumulated more than $3 million in contributions for his re-election campaign, even though his name won't be on the ballot until next year. Beshear's campaign says the governor and running mate Jerry Abramson raised more than $505,000 in the most recent quarter. The campaign says that brings the total amount raised to $3.1 million with more than 2.3 million on hand.
Beshear's campaign finance report was filed Monday with the Kentucky Registry of Election Finance. The campaign says it has had more than 5,100 donors from 119 Kentucky counties.