Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed October 6, 2010
Beshear Exceeds $3 million in Campaign Donations
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky's Democratic Governor Steve Beshear has accumulated more than $3 million in contributions for his re-election campaign, even though his name won't be on the ballot until next year. Beshear's campaign says the governor and running mate Jerry Abramson raised more than $505,000 in the most recent quarter. The campaign says that brings the total amount raised to $3.1 million with more than 2.3 million on hand.
Beshear's campaign finance report was filed Monday with the Kentucky Registry of Election Finance. The campaign says it has had more than 5,100 donors from 119 Kentucky counties.