Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Thu April 23, 2009
Beshear Endorses Renewable Energy Initiatives
By Carrie Pond
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear says he's committed to advancing new sources of energy. Beshear announced today he will join the U-S Governors' Wind Energy Coalition. Twenty-four governors have now jointed the Wind Energy Coalition. The group asks the Obama Administration to consider renewable energy policies like tax credits and a national renewable energy standard. Kentucky does not have high enough wind levels required to produce wind power. However, state officials say technology could advance enough to enable lower wind levels to generate power. The governor also formally endorsed the national 25x'25 Action plan, which calls for a minimum 25 percent use of renewable energy sources by 2025.