Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu April 23, 2009
Beshear Endorses Renewable Energy Initiatives
By Carrie Pond
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear says he's committed to advancing new sources of energy. Beshear announced today he will join the U-S Governors' Wind Energy Coalition. Twenty-four governors have now jointed the Wind Energy Coalition. The group asks the Obama Administration to consider renewable energy policies like tax credits and a national renewable energy standard. Kentucky does not have high enough wind levels required to produce wind power. However, state officials say technology could advance enough to enable lower wind levels to generate power. The governor also formally endorsed the national 25x'25 Action plan, which calls for a minimum 25 percent use of renewable energy sources by 2025.