Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri November 15, 2013
Beshear To Comply With Obama Healthcare Directive
Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear has directed the Kentucky Department of Insurance to comply with President Barack Obama's directive yesterday that could allow some 280,000 Kentuckians to keep their current insurance policies, at least for another year.
Beshear says the decision ultimately will be left to insurance companies, many of which have already invested much time and money into developing coverage plans that meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.
About 130,000 Kentuckians with individual insurance coverage face discontinuation in their policies in the months ahead, as do about 150,000 people with small group policies.