Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Thu October 13, 2011
Beshear Campaign Fundraising Surpasses Opponents
By Drew Adams
Murray, KY – Democratic Gov. Steve Beshear has banked $6.3 million for his general election campaign since May, far more than either of his two political opponents. Financial reports filed Wednesday show Beshear has $1 million left on hand to spend in the final weeks of the campaign. Republican challenger David Williams filed a report showing he raised $1 million for his general election campaign since May, and independent Gatewood Galbraith collected $166,000. Beshear aides boasted Wednesday of raising more than $9.5 million in cash and in-kind contributions since the re-election campaign kicked off. That total, in addition to the money raised independently by the political group Kentucky Family Values, would bring the overall total raised for Beshear's re-election to at least $10.8 million.