Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu September 24, 2009
Beshear Asks Senators to Act
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear is asking the state's U-S Senators to support an extension to unemployment benefits. The Commonwealth has an 11.1 percent unemployment rate. A bill recently passed in the U-S House of Representatives would provide an additional 13 weeks of unemployment benefits to those who qualify. In the past year, 123-thousand Kentuckians have claimed emergency unemployment compensation.