Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu September 24, 2009
Beshear Asks Senators to Act
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear is asking the state's U-S Senators to support an extension to unemployment benefits. The Commonwealth has an 11.1 percent unemployment rate. A bill recently passed in the U-S House of Representatives would provide an additional 13 weeks of unemployment benefits to those who qualify. In the past year, 123-thousand Kentuckians have claimed emergency unemployment compensation.