Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Government & Politics
Fri February 10, 2012
Beshear Appoints Tax Reform Commission
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has appointed a 23-member ‘blue ribbon commission’ to study the state's tax system and propose a reform plan. The commission will be headed by Lt. Governor Jerry Abramson and will review the state's current tax system and make recommendations by November 15th. Beshear says the state needs to ensure it has a tax system that produces adequate revenue to meet Kentuckians’ needs. He also says tax revenue has been growing at a rate of 70 to 75 percent of the economy's growth and state government has cut spending by $1.3 billion.