Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
- Western Kentucky Short on Primary Care Physicians, Training Programs
Fri May 4, 2012
Beshear Appoints New Member to Horse Racing Panel
Governor Steve Beshear has appointed Lexington horseman and attorney John Phillips to the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission. Phillips replaces John Ward, who was appointed in February as executive director of the panel. The commission is responsible for regulating horse races and pari-mutuel betting on those races. Phillips says he's pleased to accept the appointment to a racing commission that has made "great strides" to improve the sport.