Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Beshear Appoints Haynes
Thu March 15, 2012
Beshear Appoints Haynes to Health and Family Services Cabinet
Gov. Steve Beshear has named Audrey Tayse Haynes as the new Secretary for the Cabinet for Health and Family Services. Haynes will replace Eric Freidlander. The cabinet is responsible for overseeing Medicaid and social services, including child welfare programs. Haynes previously served 10 years as the senior vice president and chief government affairs officer of YMCA of the USA. She also worked in the Clinton Administration as director of the White House Office of Women's Initiatives and Outreach. Haynes will begin on April 16.