Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Beshear Appoints Haynes
Thu March 15, 2012
Beshear Appoints Haynes to Health and Family Services Cabinet
Gov. Steve Beshear has named Audrey Tayse Haynes as the new Secretary for the Cabinet for Health and Family Services. Haynes will replace Eric Freidlander. The cabinet is responsible for overseeing Medicaid and social services, including child welfare programs. Haynes previously served 10 years as the senior vice president and chief government affairs officer of YMCA of the USA. She also worked in the Clinton Administration as director of the White House Office of Women's Initiatives and Outreach. Haynes will begin on April 16.