Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Beshear Appoints Haynes
Thu March 15, 2012
Beshear Appoints Haynes to Health and Family Services Cabinet
Gov. Steve Beshear has named Audrey Tayse Haynes as the new Secretary for the Cabinet for Health and Family Services. Haynes will replace Eric Freidlander. The cabinet is responsible for overseeing Medicaid and social services, including child welfare programs. Haynes previously served 10 years as the senior vice president and chief government affairs officer of YMCA of the USA. She also worked in the Clinton Administration as director of the White House Office of Women's Initiatives and Outreach. Haynes will begin on April 16.