Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Fri July 12, 2013
Beshear announces awards for KY CECCs
Community Early Childhood Councils in nine western Kentucky counties are among the fifty-eight across the Commonwealth that will receive almost $1.2 million in grants to promote school readiness. Governor Steve Beshear announced the awards this week. Calloway, Christian, Daviess, Graves, Marshall, Henderson, Hopkins, McCracken, and Muhlenberg will see a total of $160,000 in funding.
The CECCs are area groups made up of local volunteers that work to improve early childhood care and education. Beshear says the grants will help communities give children the best possible start in school and in life.