Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
Tue October 30, 2012
Berry Plastics to Reopen in Madisonville
Gov. Steve Beshear today announced the reopening of Berry Plastics Corporation in Madisonville. The move creates more than 400 full-time jobs. Beshear says nearly $100 million is being invested in the plastic packaging manufacturer.
Berry Plastics acquired the Madisonville facility in August 2011, but closed it earlier this year after redistributing the manufacturing jobs to its other facilities. At its closure, the Madisonville plant employed about 140 people. Berry Plastics CEO John Rich says the plant is set to start production in 2013. The Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority approved Berry Plastics for incentives and benefits of up to almost $10.5 million.