Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- Eggners Ferry Bridge - Tuesday Night (Dec 23) Closure Cancelled
Tue October 30, 2012
Berry Plastics to Reopen in Madisonville
Gov. Steve Beshear today announced the reopening of Berry Plastics Corporation in Madisonville. The move creates more than 400 full-time jobs. Beshear says nearly $100 million is being invested in the plastic packaging manufacturer.
Berry Plastics acquired the Madisonville facility in August 2011, but closed it earlier this year after redistributing the manufacturing jobs to its other facilities. At its closure, the Madisonville plant employed about 140 people. Berry Plastics CEO John Rich says the plant is set to start production in 2013. The Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority approved Berry Plastics for incentives and benefits of up to almost $10.5 million.