Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed July 15, 2009
Benton Woman Settles Husband's VA Death Lawsuit
Benton, KY – A Benton, Kentucky widow has settled her federal wrongful-death lawsuit against an Illinois Veterans Affairs hospital she alleges was responsible for her husband's death. Darla Marshall had sought $10 million in the suit, filed in April of last year. 61-year-old James Marshall died of a blood infection six days after a lymph node biopsy at the Marion hospital, where major surgeries have been halted for nearly two years after a spike in patient deaths.