Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed July 15, 2009
Benton Woman Settles Husband's VA Death Lawsuit
Benton, KY – A Benton, Kentucky widow has settled her federal wrongful-death lawsuit against an Illinois Veterans Affairs hospital she alleges was responsible for her husband's death. Darla Marshall had sought $10 million in the suit, filed in April of last year. 61-year-old James Marshall died of a blood infection six days after a lymph node biopsy at the Marion hospital, where major surgeries have been halted for nearly two years after a spike in patient deaths.