Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon May 26, 2014
Beef Recall Includes GFS Marketplace Groceries in Ky., Tenn.
Some regional markets are included in the United States Department of Agriculture's list of stores that might have received ground beef shipments contaminated with E. coli.
The 1.8 million pounds of beef recalled by the Michigan-based Wolverine Packing Company was sent to a variety of stores, including Gordon Food Service Marketplace locations in Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana and Illinois. There are GFS Marketplace locations in Bowling Green, Ky., Clarksville, Tenn. and Evansville, Ind.
The recalled beef was produced between March 31 and April 18.
The USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service encourages shoppers at affected locations to consult the list of specific products that have been recalled. For that list, click here.