Most Active Stories
- Kentucky's Teacher Retirement System May Become One of the Worst-Funded in the US
- How Murray State is Introducing Kids to Emerging World of Robotics
- Kentucky's Death Penalty: A Comprehensive Look
- WATCH: Luke Bell & Johnny Appleseed on Sounds Good
- Bluegrass Pipeline's Developer Is Appealing the Eminent Domain Ruling
Mon May 26, 2014
Beef Recall Includes GFS Marketplace Groceries in Ky., Tenn.
Some regional markets are included in the United States Department of Agriculture's list of stores that might have received ground beef shipments contaminated with E. coli.
The 1.8 million pounds of beef recalled by the Michigan-based Wolverine Packing Company was sent to a variety of stores, including Gordon Food Service Marketplace locations in Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana and Illinois. There are GFS Marketplace locations in Bowling Green, Ky., Clarksville, Tenn. and Evansville, Ind.
The recalled beef was produced between March 31 and April 18.
The USDA's Food Safety and Inspection Service encourages shoppers at affected locations to consult the list of specific products that have been recalled. For that list, click here.