Most Active Stories
- State Trooper's Resignation Leads to Investigation
- [VIDEOS] WKMS Presents "Living on the Line: Poverty in Western Kentucky"
- Professional Basketball Player, Ministry Founder Bob Warren Remembered as Generous Man
- MSU Students, Faculty Hold Ferguson Demonstration
- Lawsuit Filed Against Chuck Jones Alleges Counterfeiting Textbooks
Thu April 4, 2013
Beau Biden to Speak at Kentucky Democrats' Annual Dinner
Kentucky Democrats are bringing in a well-connected out-of-state politician to headline their annual state dinner.
State Democrats aim for high-profile names to headline their annual Wendell Ford Dinner—this year they've booked Beau Biden, the Delaware Attorney General and the son of Vice President Joe Biden.
The Kentucky Democratic Party was looking for a young, up-and-coming speaker for this year's event, Chair Dan Logsdon said.
Logsdon said the party reached out with the help of Kentucky's own attorney general, Jack Conway.
"He's a known entity to Democrats here in Kentucky and you know I think it's going to be a terrific night," Logsdon said of Biden.
The dinner will take place June 6 at the Crown Plaza Hotel in Louisville.