Most Active Stories
- Significant Accumulations of Snow and Ice Today, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Fri August 10, 2012
Bears With Taste For Beer Have Quite A Night In Norway
"Drunk Bear Family Downs Over 100 Beers During Bear Rager."
Given our fondness for stories about pick-a-nicking bears, we couldn't resist that Gawker headline.
Just two days after seeing video of the bear who raided a Colorado chocolate shop, we're reading today that "a family of bears is suspected of having broken into a cabin in northern Norway and polished off over a hundred cans of beer," The Local writes. The newssite adds that:
"They had a hell of a party in there," cabin owner Even Borthen Nilsen told NRK. "The cabin has the stench of a right old piss up, trash, and bears."
Now, if you'd like to see a different — more natural — side of bears, check the Katmai, Alaska Bearcam from explore.org. Hit it at the right time and you might see a brown bear catch a salmon.
Which would go pretty well with a nice lager, come to think of it.