Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Fri August 10, 2012
Bears With Taste For Beer Have Quite A Night In Norway
"Drunk Bear Family Downs Over 100 Beers During Bear Rager."
Given our fondness for stories about pick-a-nicking bears, we couldn't resist that Gawker headline.
Just two days after seeing video of the bear who raided a Colorado chocolate shop, we're reading today that "a family of bears is suspected of having broken into a cabin in northern Norway and polished off over a hundred cans of beer," The Local writes. The newssite adds that:
"They had a hell of a party in there," cabin owner Even Borthen Nilsen told NRK. "The cabin has the stench of a right old piss up, trash, and bears."
Now, if you'd like to see a different — more natural — side of bears, check the Katmai, Alaska Bearcam from explore.org. Hit it at the right time and you might see a brown bear catch a salmon.
Which would go pretty well with a nice lager, come to think of it.