Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu September 13, 2012
Barta Retires as Arts Council Director
The Pennyroyal Arts Council Executive Director will retire at the end of December. Carol Barta leaves the organization after eight years. Barta’s tenure included overseeing the renovation of Hopkinsville’s Alhambra Theatre, which was completed in 2008. Pennyroyal Arts Council Board President Ann Nichols says a search committee is in the process of looking for a new director.
They hope to have advertisements out in the next couple weeks. Nichols says the board hasn’t set a timeline, but they would like to have a person in place before Barta leaves.