Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu December 10, 2009
Barnett's Mushroom Provider Pleads Guilty
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The friend who provided hallucinogenic mushrooms to Caleb Barnett prior to his fatal shooting pleaded guilty to drug charges yesterday. In a plea deal, 20-year-old Taylor Thompson could serve as much as two and a half years in prison or on probation for trafficking, drug paraphernalia, and possession of marijuana. 18-year-old Barnett died after he was fatally shot while hallucinating and breaking into a home he thought was his own. Circuit Judge Craig Clymer will sentence Thompson February 3.
The Paducah Sun reports two others are also charged with trafficking the mushrooms and are scheduled to be arraigned in court next week. Police allege Shaina Skinner and Kelsey Burchett sold the mushrooms to Thompson last July.