Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed November 5, 2008
Barnes Takes 22nd District
By Carrie Pond
Clarksville, TN – Despite an aggressive write-in campaign from incumbent state Senator Rosalind Kurita, Democrat Tim Barnes secured Tennessee's 22nd District seat yesterday. The Clarksville-Leaf Chronicle reports Barnes won the district by more than 13 thousand votes, despite almost 23 thousand write-in votes, most of which were likely cast for Kurita. Barnes was appointed the Democratic nominee for the seat in August after contesting Kurita's primary win. Kurita then filed a lawsuit that claimed the election was stolen from her, which was later dismissed. The 22nd district serves Montgomery, Houston and Cheatham counties.