Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue July 7, 2009
Barkley Seeks Input
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – In response to potential service cuts from Delta airlines, Barkley Regional Airport officials are conducting a survey in hopes of keeping flights running. The air service provider announced last week it plans to cut one of Barkley's three daily round-trip flights to Memphis in mid-August. Airport Manager Richard Roof says this poses a problem.
We have more traffic through here currently on three flights a day than two airplanes can accommodate. It will also make a difference on some of the connecting feasibilities through the Memphis hub to where less than three round-trips are operated through the Memphis hub to an ultimate destination.
Roof says officials are hoping survey results show Delta could afford to retain the daily flight, or offer the flight at least a few times during the week. The survey is available through next Wednesday.
Click here to visit the survey