Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Wed September 2, 2009
Paducah, KY – The Department of Transportation informed Barkley Regional Airport this morning that Delta and United Airlines placed bids on the airport's Essential Service. The Department D-O-T determined Barkley has fourteen flights per week on which the airlines could bid. The United bid is for two fifty seat regional flights to Chicago and the Delta bid is for two thirty-four seat Saabs to Memphis. Barkley Airport now must conduct informational meetings with representatives from each airline. Public demand will influence the DOT's decision on who wins the bid.