Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm "Cleon" Approaches the Region
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- EKU Plans Response To White Supremacist Flyer Posted In Classroom Buildings
- 3 Educators Selected For KY Teacher Hall of Fame
Wed September 2, 2009
Paducah, KY – The Department of Transportation informed Barkley Regional Airport this morning that Delta and United Airlines placed bids on the airport's Essential Service. The Department D-O-T determined Barkley has fourteen flights per week on which the airlines could bid. The United bid is for two fifty seat regional flights to Chicago and the Delta bid is for two thirty-four seat Saabs to Memphis. Barkley Airport now must conduct informational meetings with representatives from each airline. Public demand will influence the DOT's decision on who wins the bid.