Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Wed September 2, 2009
Paducah, KY – The Department of Transportation informed Barkley Regional Airport this morning that Delta and United Airlines placed bids on the airport's Essential Service. The Department D-O-T determined Barkley has fourteen flights per week on which the airlines could bid. The United bid is for two fifty seat regional flights to Chicago and the Delta bid is for two thirty-four seat Saabs to Memphis. Barkley Airport now must conduct informational meetings with representatives from each airline. Public demand will influence the DOT's decision on who wins the bid.