Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed September 2, 2009
Paducah, KY – The Department of Transportation informed Barkley Regional Airport this morning that Delta and United Airlines placed bids on the airport's Essential Service. The Department D-O-T determined Barkley has fourteen flights per week on which the airlines could bid. The United bid is for two fifty seat regional flights to Chicago and the Delta bid is for two thirty-four seat Saabs to Memphis. Barkley Airport now must conduct informational meetings with representatives from each airline. Public demand will influence the DOT's decision on who wins the bid.