Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed September 2, 2009
Paducah, KY – The Department of Transportation informed Barkley Regional Airport this morning that Delta and United Airlines placed bids on the airport's Essential Service. The Department D-O-T determined Barkley has fourteen flights per week on which the airlines could bid. The United bid is for two fifty seat regional flights to Chicago and the Delta bid is for two thirty-four seat Saabs to Memphis. Barkley Airport now must conduct informational meetings with representatives from each airline. Public demand will influence the DOT's decision on who wins the bid.