Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon March 25, 2013
Barkley Airport Officials Hopeful Tower Closure Is Only Temporary
In spite of the imminent closure of Barkley Regional Airport’s tower, officials there remain hopeful that the shutdown is a temporary setback. The Federal Aviation Administration has slated Barkley’s tower, along with one hundred and twenty three others around the country, for closure April 7th.
The FAA had delayed releasing a final list to allow affected airports to appeal the agency’s decision. Airport manager Richard Roof says their eleven-page appeal made what he calls a concise, complete, and solid argument to keep Barkley’s tower open. In anticipation of closure, airport staff has been working to ensure operations there continue as smoothly and safely as possible. Regional carrier SkyWest says they will work with Barkley Airport to ensure uninterrupted service. Barkley officials say they are working to assure everyone that passenger safety won’t be compromised.