Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Mon June 4, 2012
Barge Salvage Work Continues
Salvagers are at work on a partially submerged barge near the site of the new US 60 Ledbetter Bridge between McCracken and Livingston Counties.
The barge began sinking during the Memorial Day weekend. Divers are currently inspecting the barge to determine the best way to raise the structure, which supports a 280 foot crane used to build the new span. Contractors say the sinking barge won’t delay completion of the new bridge.