Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon June 4, 2012
Barge Salvage Work Continues
Salvagers are at work on a partially submerged barge near the site of the new US 60 Ledbetter Bridge between McCracken and Livingston Counties.
The barge began sinking during the Memorial Day weekend. Divers are currently inspecting the barge to determine the best way to raise the structure, which supports a 280 foot crane used to build the new span. Contractors say the sinking barge won’t delay completion of the new bridge.