Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Mon June 4, 2012
Barge Salvage Work Continues
Salvagers are at work on a partially submerged barge near the site of the new US 60 Ledbetter Bridge between McCracken and Livingston Counties.
The barge began sinking during the Memorial Day weekend. Divers are currently inspecting the barge to determine the best way to raise the structure, which supports a 280 foot crane used to build the new span. Contractors say the sinking barge won’t delay completion of the new bridge.