Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon June 4, 2012
Barge Salvage Work Continues
Salvagers are at work on a partially submerged barge near the site of the new US 60 Ledbetter Bridge between McCracken and Livingston Counties.
The barge began sinking during the Memorial Day weekend. Divers are currently inspecting the barge to determine the best way to raise the structure, which supports a 280 foot crane used to build the new span. Contractors say the sinking barge won’t delay completion of the new bridge.