Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Tue May 11, 2010
Barge Hits Cairo Bridge
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The US-51 Ohio River Bridge is back open after a 25-barge tow collided with the left pier. The almost 75-year-old bridge was closed to traffic for two hours this morning for a structural inspection, but no damage was found. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Keith Todd says the barge pilot reported gusty winds of up to 28 miles per hour contributed to the incident.