Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue May 11, 2010
Barge Hits Cairo Bridge
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The US-51 Ohio River Bridge is back open after a 25-barge tow collided with the left pier. The almost 75-year-old bridge was closed to traffic for two hours this morning for a structural inspection, but no damage was found. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet Keith Todd says the barge pilot reported gusty winds of up to 28 miles per hour contributed to the incident.