Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon March 8, 2010
Barge Collision Cleaned Up
By Rebecca Feldhaus
Paducah, KY – U.S. Coast Guard officials in Paducah say the waters are clean and safe after last month's collision of a coal barge into the bridge between Wicliffe and Cairo. Lieutenant Duane Lemmon says communication was smooth as Ingram Contracting Company removed both barges and most of the coal over three days of work. The barges are now in the repair yards and the recovered coal should still be useable. Lemmon says the waterway is back to business as usual.