Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri March 29, 2013
Baptist Health Madisonville CEO to Retire
Baptist Health Madisonville’s president and CEO is retiring in July after 35 years in healthcare management. Berton Whitaker has been with the Madisonville healthcare system since 2006 and led the transition from Trover Health System to Baptist Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Kentucky.
Since joining the system he has also led the purchase of Muhlenberg Medical Center and the move into a $1.8 million office space.
The Baptist Health Board of Directors is overseeing a search committee to find candidates for Whitaker’s successor.