Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri March 29, 2013
Baptist Health Madisonville CEO to Retire
Baptist Health Madisonville’s president and CEO is retiring in July after 35 years in healthcare management. Berton Whitaker has been with the Madisonville healthcare system since 2006 and led the transition from Trover Health System to Baptist Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Kentucky.
Since joining the system he has also led the purchase of Muhlenberg Medical Center and the move into a $1.8 million office space.
The Baptist Health Board of Directors is overseeing a search committee to find candidates for Whitaker’s successor.