Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Fri March 29, 2013
Baptist Health Madisonville CEO to Retire
Baptist Health Madisonville’s president and CEO is retiring in July after 35 years in healthcare management. Berton Whitaker has been with the Madisonville healthcare system since 2006 and led the transition from Trover Health System to Baptist Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Kentucky.
Since joining the system he has also led the purchase of Muhlenberg Medical Center and the move into a $1.8 million office space.
The Baptist Health Board of Directors is overseeing a search committee to find candidates for Whitaker’s successor.