Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed July 22, 2009
Bank Manager Charged for Embezzlement
By Angela Hatton
Vienna, IL – A southern Illinois man could serve up to thirty years in prison for embezzling money at a Goreville bank branch while he was manager there. Vienna resident Scott Harris pleaded guilty to misapplication of money by a bank employee. Thirty-year-old Harris embezzled sixty-three thousand dollars from the local Regions Bank between January 2006 and April of this year. Harris told investigators he took the money to pay bills and other obligations. Sentencing is scheduled this October. In addition to a thirty year sentence, Harris faces one million dollars in fines and restitution. He may also be issued a supervised release.