Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue August 25, 2009
Ballard Steps Aside
By Angela Hatton
Madisonville, KY – A Madisonville lawmaker is stepping down after 22 years in the legislature. State representative Eddie Ballard says he won't seek re-election next year. The 79-year-old Democrat quipped his age had nothing to do with his decision, saying, "I won't even be 80 until December." Ballard chairs the House Tourism Development and Energy Committee.