Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon November 24, 2008
Ballard High Students in Fatal Collision
By Carrie Pond
Wickliffe, KY – Two Ballard Memorial High School students have died after their car skidded into a tree in Wickliffe. Kentucky State Police say 17-year-old Mohamad Abukhdair and 16-year-old Haifa Abukhdair, both of Barlow, were killed Monday when their Dodge Intrepid failed to make a turn on a wet road. The car skidded off U-S 51 and struck a tree after crossing the Ohio River bridge just after 7:30 a-m, troopers said. Troopers said Haifa Abukhdair died upon impact. Mohamad Abukhdair was taken to Lourdes Hospital and died a short time later.