Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Wed July 11, 2012
Austin Peay Software Program Wins Praise
An Austin Peay software program is winning praise from education experts. The program, called Degree Compass advises students’ course selection by analyzing their academic progress.
At a recent education forum Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation's Bill Tucker pointed to Degree Compass as one of several steps the state is taking improve postsecondary education. Education experts say Tennessee needs to broaden access to higher education in order to have a better educated and better paid workforce. Tucker says innovative technical solutions like Degree Compass can help campuses meet those challenges even without a massive increase in funding.