Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Mon May 18, 2009
Aunt Testifies in Green Trial
By Carrie Pond
Paducah, KY – Steven Dale Green's aunt testified in court today in hopes of swaying the jury away from recommending the death penalty. Patricia Ruth said the former Fort Campbell soldier had little parental supervision, particularly once his parents divorced when he was young. Green faces a possible death sentence for the 2006 rape and murder of an Iraqi teenager and the shooting of her family. Ruth says her nephew had a chaotic childhood. Green's defense attorneys are expected to conclude their case today or tomorrow. Closing arguments and jury deliberations are scheduled to begin Wednesday. A nine-woman, three-man panel will decide if Green should be sentenced to death or imprisoned for life.