Most Active Stories
- Snowfall Predictions Grow; Icing Expected in Southern Western Kentucky Overnight
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Preserving Our Voices 2013
Tue September 1, 2009
Attempted Euthanizing Wife's Court Appearance Delayed
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A pre-trial conference for the woman accused of disconnecting her husband from a life-support system last May has been delayed. McCracken Circuit Court officials await a mental evaluation of Debbie Debaun before the court process continues. She allegedly unplugged a tube connecting her husband to a life support machine at Western Baptist Hospital. A nurse reattached it. Debaun remains in jail, charged with attempted murder.
Her pre-trial conference has been rescheduled for October 28.