Most Active Stories
- City of Murray Eliminates City Administrator Position
- Workers Recovering after Explosion at Moonshine Distillery
- Kentucky Revenues Up Amid Greater Demands in Next Budget
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Man Benefits From Pump Treatment for Parkinson's Disease
Tue September 1, 2009
Attempted Euthanizing Wife's Court Appearance Delayed
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A pre-trial conference for the woman accused of disconnecting her husband from a life-support system last May has been delayed. McCracken Circuit Court officials await a mental evaluation of Debbie Debaun before the court process continues. She allegedly unplugged a tube connecting her husband to a life support machine at Western Baptist Hospital. A nurse reattached it. Debaun remains in jail, charged with attempted murder.
Her pre-trial conference has been rescheduled for October 28.