Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Tue September 1, 2009
Attempted Euthanizing Wife's Court Appearance Delayed
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A pre-trial conference for the woman accused of disconnecting her husband from a life-support system last May has been delayed. McCracken Circuit Court officials await a mental evaluation of Debbie Debaun before the court process continues. She allegedly unplugged a tube connecting her husband to a life support machine at Western Baptist Hospital. A nurse reattached it. Debaun remains in jail, charged with attempted murder.
Her pre-trial conference has been rescheduled for October 28.