Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed August 22, 2012
AT&T Outage Affects MSU, Area Schools
A severed AT&T fiber optic line in Bowling Green caused an internet outage at Murray State University and some area schools. MSU Network Services Manager Tommy Phillips says the outage affected internet as well as 3G and Edge network services. The outage last around two hours, from just before noon to just before 2 p.m.
AT&T corporate spokesperson Cathy Lewandowski says the company is sorry for the interruption in service, but she did not elaborate on the cause of the fiber cable cut.