Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Woman's Body Found Near Abandoned Vehicle in Calloway County
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Wed August 22, 2012
AT&T Outage Affects MSU, Area Schools
A severed AT&T fiber optic line in Bowling Green caused an internet outage at Murray State University and some area schools. MSU Network Services Manager Tommy Phillips says the outage affected internet as well as 3G and Edge network services. The outage last around two hours, from just before noon to just before 2 p.m.
AT&T corporate spokesperson Cathy Lewandowski says the company is sorry for the interruption in service, but she did not elaborate on the cause of the fiber cable cut.