Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed August 22, 2012
AT&T Outage Affects MSU, Area Schools
A severed AT&T fiber optic line in Bowling Green caused an internet outage at Murray State University and some area schools. MSU Network Services Manager Tommy Phillips says the outage affected internet as well as 3G and Edge network services. The outage last around two hours, from just before noon to just before 2 p.m.
AT&T corporate spokesperson Cathy Lewandowski says the company is sorry for the interruption in service, but she did not elaborate on the cause of the fiber cable cut.