Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Wed August 22, 2012
AT&T Outage Affects MSU, Area Schools
A severed AT&T fiber optic line in Bowling Green caused an internet outage at Murray State University and some area schools. MSU Network Services Manager Tommy Phillips says the outage affected internet as well as 3G and Edge network services. The outage last around two hours, from just before noon to just before 2 p.m.
AT&T corporate spokesperson Cathy Lewandowski says the company is sorry for the interruption in service, but she did not elaborate on the cause of the fiber cable cut.