Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
Wed August 22, 2012
AT&T Outage Affects MSU, Area Schools
A severed AT&T fiber optic line in Bowling Green caused an internet outage at Murray State University and some area schools. MSU Network Services Manager Tommy Phillips says the outage affected internet as well as 3G and Edge network services. The outage last around two hours, from just before noon to just before 2 p.m.
AT&T corporate spokesperson Cathy Lewandowski says the company is sorry for the interruption in service, but she did not elaborate on the cause of the fiber cable cut.