Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu November 5, 2009
Atmos Requests Rate Increase
By Chris Taylor
Frankfort, KY – A Texas-based natural gas firm is requesting a rate increase in Kentucky that may raise residential customers' bills by over $4 a month. Atmos Energy Corporation filed a request with the Kentucky Public Service Commission a week ago today. The state regulator has up to 10 months to rule on the application, so it's unlikely the change will appear on this winter's heating bills when gas usage peaks. Atmos says the increases will recover fixed costs in recent and planned system improvements on the company's pipeline. The company serves some 30,000 customers in West Kentucky.