Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu November 5, 2009
Atmos Requests Rate Increase
By Chris Taylor
Frankfort, KY – A Texas-based natural gas firm is requesting a rate increase in Kentucky that may raise residential customers' bills by over $4 a month. Atmos Energy Corporation filed a request with the Kentucky Public Service Commission a week ago today. The state regulator has up to 10 months to rule on the application, so it's unlikely the change will appear on this winter's heating bills when gas usage peaks. Atmos says the increases will recover fixed costs in recent and planned system improvements on the company's pipeline. The company serves some 30,000 customers in West Kentucky.