Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu November 5, 2009
Atmos Requests Rate Increase
By Chris Taylor
Frankfort, KY – A Texas-based natural gas firm is requesting a rate increase in Kentucky that may raise residential customers' bills by over $4 a month. Atmos Energy Corporation filed a request with the Kentucky Public Service Commission a week ago today. The state regulator has up to 10 months to rule on the application, so it's unlikely the change will appear on this winter's heating bills when gas usage peaks. Atmos says the increases will recover fixed costs in recent and planned system improvements on the company's pipeline. The company serves some 30,000 customers in West Kentucky.