Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Fri July 24, 2009
Association Tightens Expense Oversight
By Angela Hatton
Lexington, KY – Staff at the Kentucky Association of Counties no longer have credit cards after spending practices came under fire by the Lexington Herald-Leader newspaper. The KACo board yesterday approved an auditing committee to oversee finances and give periodic reports. KACo President J. Michael Foster says the board also accepted the resignation of past president and current board member David Jenkins. The credit card abuses were made at two strip clubs and a Lexington escort service with a card issued to Jenkins. KACo provides lobbying, insurance and other services for all 120 Kentucky counties.